iPad Mini Breakout ideas that seem really unlikely:
- It should have 2 (two) screens, one on the back in e-ink for pure reading and the regular one of the front for all the other things one does with an iPad. The reading screen should be able to run when the front screen and the radios are all shut down due to low battery power.
- It should have the same screen ratio as the iPhone 5 making it newer and svelte.
Two worst decisions the new management could have made:
- offer the Mini as a Touch Maxi, i.e. without 4G
- cheapen it by taking out bluetooth or the higher memory options
What I expect:
- iPad 2 resolution machine with retina pixel size.
- iPad 2 cpu and gpu maybe a bit better
- Light with narrower side bezel, making it look like a large iPod Touch
- A very inexpensive basic unit but a pretty much fully rigged top end model that will offer compact footprint as competition
- iPhone 4 level camera on the back or better (Apple has realized that they have the point and shoot market at this point.)
- iPad 2 will be phased out